About Singita Sasakwa
At a Glance
Singita Sasakwa Lodge is sited atop the Sasakwa Hill, offering spectacular views over the Great Serengeti plains.
Singita Sasakwa lodge is built in the grand colonial style of an English manor and comprising seven cottage suites, offering one to four bedrooms, each air-conditioned and featuring a bedroom, lounge, fireplace, private deck, en suite bathroom and heated infinity pool.
Quick Facts on Sasakwa
Private 350,000 acre Singita Grumeti
Imbued with 'Out of Africa' romance
Relais & Chateaux luxury tent living
Beautiful waterhole before the camp
Succulent menus tailored to your taste
All suites with private swimming pool
Luxury spa with African aromatherapy
Free WiFi & US-dial phone lines
What’s hot at Singita Sasakwa
- The most exclusive Serengeti experience
- 10 luxurious villas at Singita Sasakwa
- 2, 3 & 4 bedroom Family Suites available
- Private deck & heated pool in every room
- Spacious suites with incredible views
- Sasakwa Spa offers luxury treatments
- Renowned cuisine & Singita wine cellar
- Fantastic Guides & Big Five sightings
What you’ll see: Your Private Guided Safari
"Private access to 350,000 protected acres along the Great Migration path in the
Serengeti-Mara ecosystem. Track wildebeests, impalas, and gazelles,
as well as carnivores large and small."
- from ROBB REPORT World's Top 100 Resorts
The area forms part of the famous migration route, traveled by hundreds of thousands of animals every year. In addition to all of Africa's famous wildlife (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Cheetah...and more!) you also have the opportunity to seek rare bat-eared fox, the highly endangered black rhino and in season, millions of wildebeest and zebra migrating through the region. Guided walks through the Singita Grumeti reserve further the unique opportunities to find game in close interaction.
A classic East African luxury lodge.
All luxury cottage suites at Singita Sasakwa Lodge have a private grassland deck area with an infinity pool all to yourself overlooking the most dramatic views of the Serengeti plains below. The master bedrooms are separate from the living room and offer a cozy fireplace. Each suite features a connecting bathroom with romantic outdoor showers. A private butler is at hand to look after your every whim. As with every luxury safari lodge in our portfolio, the wine and food experience at Sasakwa is a high-calibre experience with classic East African dishes paired alongside the finest from the award-winning Singita cellars.
- The everchanging tapestry of the Great Serengeti; see the migration in season and experience millions of animals in the most wonderful wilderness spectacle on earth.
- The private Singita Grumeti Reserve is a one-of-a-kind concession exclusive to Singita guests.
- A remote wilderness experience that captures the heart of the pioneering safaris that originated in East Africa with quintessentially colonial-style settings.
- Guided morning and afternoon drives with expert Tanzanian trackers and professional guides.
- Opportunities to track the highly-endangered Black Rhino that have been under the protection of the Singita Grumeti Trust.
- Experience the authentic style of luxury safaris as they were done by the writers of 1920s; Get down to earth with nature in the enveloping views of the Serengeti and return home to Sasakwa with fine wine and Havana cigars by campfire.
- An exciting equestrian center with polo ponies; experienced riders can prebook a custom tailored adventure through the heart of the Serengeti wilderness.
- Your visit supports the continued conservation effort of the Singita Grumeti model, sustaining both the wilderness and empowering the local communities intergral to the land. On request, a special philanthropic visit to the Grumeti Environmental center can be arranged.
Enjoy the luxury of your home in Africa: Private Deck in each cottage with Swarovski spotting-scope, heated infinity plunge pool, climate-conditioned suites with fireplaces to ensure your comfort in every season, and back at the main house - a snooker table, tennis and archery to settle in with your extended stay.
- In addition to a fully-outfitted gym, runners can enjoy jogging trails through the reserve in the company of a guide.
Singita Sasakwa Lodge Rates
Custom Tailored Journeys by Guided Safaris
Seasons & Pricing
Price per night
June to Oct 31 2015
Holidays: Dec 20-31
Peak Game Season
Feb-May / Nov-Dec 19
*Contact us for special package rates for a week’s safari
through Tanzania. Call or Email us
Accommodation at Singita Sasakwa Lodge
The 10 cottages at Sasakwa offer unique layouts to suit your needs: 1-bedroom cottages (Total 6 units)
2-bedroom cottages (Total 2 units)
3-bedroom cottage (Only 1 unit)
4-bedroom Sasakwa private retreat (1 villa)
NOTE: All luxury cottages at Singita Sasakwa Lodge have a private grassland deck area with an infinity pool all to yourself overlooking the most dramatic views of the Serengeti plains below. The master bedrooms are separate from the living room with fireplace.
What’s Extra? Flight arrangements to Singita Private Game Reserve (will be added based on travel plans and itinerary with Guided Safaris at extra cost), Tipping (at your discretion), Shopping and Personal expenses such as spa treatments, Travel insurance can be purchased with your package.
NOTES & DETAILS
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE AT EXTRA COST:
Private hot air ballooning
over the Serengeti
Horseback trail rides
*Experienced riders only
Quick & easy reservations:
We’re fully iPad & smartphone compatible. Email us now
+1 (415) 814-6676
Talk with a knowledgeable Singita Specialist right here in the USA. Get answers about the Singita Sasakwa experience and complete help in reserving your perfect safari today.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA
Hours: Mo-Fr 7am to 4pm
The Original LuxurySafariCamps.com
YOUR FULL NAME
DATES OF TRAVEL
Some info on your trip such as how many rooms required, total number of persons traveling, or - if you’d like a longer safari with ideas on more of our luxury safari camps to complement your stay.
*Please note that all fields are required for successful form submission.
Private Grumeti Game Reserve (350,000 acres)
MIX & MATCH 5 NIGHT STAY GET 6TH NIGHT FREE
Stay 5 nights at any combination of our select Grumeti camps and gain a 6th night free
in your itinerary with us. Call us for details.
Combine our two private camps
on a Specialized Safari with friends
for 5 nights minimum & enjoy a free
night at Explore. Call for details.
OUR SIGNATURE SAFARI LODGES
A complete introduction to our Private Tanzania safari experience:
Discover the exclusive journeys handcrafted in the collaboration
of Guided Safaris® & Private Game Reserves throughout Tanzania.
Visit our complete Tanzania Luxury Safari Lodges
Copyright © 2015 Guided Safaris Inc. All rights reserved.